Monday, September 28, 2009
Called to Rome
I think it's beautiful how God has gotten rid of pretty much every barrier I've put up as to why I shouldn't go to Rome. Though I've wanted to go for so long, I found that I was scared of being there for so long in a way, so when the opportunity came up, I still rationalized as to why I shouldn't go. But God has walked me through my fears and concerns in wonderful ways, and I am now more confident that He is truly calling me there.

For example, I was so afraid of being in a secular program without a Catholic community, and I couldn't find a non-school-specific program through a Catholic school. But thanks to Maria Colonna and lots of prayer, I found the University of St. Thomas Bernardi campus! :)

When I applied, they only had one slot left for the trip. I almost got discouraged--it was supposed to be for Catholic Studies majors, which I was not. It was supposed to be for St. Thomas students, which I was not. But I applied anyway, and prayed for God's Will. And that one slot opened up to me.

Then, I didn't think I'd have enough money to go. I was making plans to dip into my savings, to extend my working hours during the school year, to get another job next summer, to do whatever I needed to do in order to pay for it. But this co-op opportunity popped up almost literally at the last moment. Now, I've got the co-op, and I've got a way to pay for the trip, praise God! And I'll have a job when I get back, too, so I can replenish the savings account, if necessary.

God has been so good to me, opening the doors for me to get here. There's only one thing which I am still concerned about--missing my family and friends back home. But as my friends have often reminded me, sometimes God has to call us out of our comfort zones, call us away from what is familiar, to get us to draw closer to Him. He has taken me so far; therefore, I go forward trusting in Him, and even though I will miss my family and friends, they will be in my thoughts and prayers constantly throughout the semester, and I know God will be with them as well.

Labels:

posted by Kristin @ 9:52 PM  
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home
 
About Me


Name: Kristin
Home: Pittsburgh, PA, United States
About Me: Seeking my true Fatherland as I travel this spiritual journey with Our Lord Jesus Christ. I hope, with the help of God, to follow in the example of the saints and strive for holiness.
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Free Blogger Templates