Sunday, June 27, 2010
Best answer I've ever heard!
One question often posed to many a priest and religious, and even to some married couples: "How did you know that ___ was your vocation?"

The best answer to this question I've ever heard came from Fr. Charles Morerod, the Angelicum coordinator of our Rome program and the Rector Magnificus of the Angelicum, who answered it for one of my classmates while he was dining with us at Bernardi. (How humbling, yet what an honor it was for us to be able to have him as a guest in our house!)

His answer was brief, but it speaks volumes about his faith and trust in the Lord's will:

"I did not know! I discovered it!"

Lord, I'm beginning to see more and more each day the truth of his statement--that our vocations are not a calculation on our part, but a joyous revelation on Your part, a loving invitation for us to love You and others in a specific way. Lord, let my answer be as Your Mother's each time You invite me to follow You more closely and to love You more deeply: "Ecce ancilla Domini, fiat mihi secundum verbum tuum."
posted by Kristin @ 10:32 PM  
1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home
 
About Me


Name: Kristin
Home: Pittsburgh, PA, United States
About Me: Seeking my true Fatherland as I travel this spiritual journey with Our Lord Jesus Christ. I hope, with the help of God, to follow in the example of the saints and strive for holiness.
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Free Blogger Templates