Wednesday, June 30, 2010
My Reading List

This is, so far, my summer reading list. This list is pretty long, though, so more likely, this will turn into a reading list for my oh-so-abundant free time during the school year. (Please note sarcasm.) If you have further suggestions, let me know!

Currently reading:
Man and Woman: A Divine Invention by Alice von Hildebrand
Veritatis Splendor by Pope John Paul II

(I was supposed to have finished VS already, but Fr. G doesn’t need to know that I haven’t!)

Books for the summer (pretty much in the order I’d like to tackle them):
-Spirit of the Liturgy by Cardinal Ratzinger
-Idea of the University by Ven. John Henry Cardinal Newman
-Deus Caritas Est by Pope Benedict XVI

Books for the vague future:
-Something from St. Teresa of Avila and St. Catherine of Siena (I have St. T’s autobiography already. $3 at a library book corner—quite a steal! But due to warnings of its difficulty, I’ve been putting it off for 2 or 3 years. Maybe I’ll tackle it soon. But regardless, I would also like something of St. C’s too.)
-Orthodoxy by G.K. Chesterton
-Introduction to the Devout Life by (??? I forget!!)
-One of JPII’s documents on the woman (probably Mulieris Dignitatem)
-He Leadeth Me (Someone in Rome had this one. It looked cool.)
-Captivating by John and Staci Eldredge (suggested kindly by Andrew)
-Something by St. Thomas Aquinas. I hear that his Latin is an easy read, but if I’m trying to read his Latin, I need to find a topic that I already have a vague idea about! :)

Oh yeah, and for when I get a fantasy kick, I know I need to read Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien. I think if I haven’t touched it by the next time I see Dan C, I should be thoroughly disappointed in myself. :-P

Considering that I get easily distracted from one book by another book, I might not actually read all of these for several years. But if I get through even the first 2 books on the summer list before I go to school, I’ll feel accomplished! :)

posted by Kristin @ 3:40 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At July 1, 2010 at 9:19 PM, Blogger Janelaine said…

    wow good list! you are so intellectual...
    and i, too, have been meaning to read the LOTR trilogy since I enjoyed the movies so much.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home
 
About Me


Name: Kristin
Home: Pittsburgh, PA, United States
About Me: Seeking my true Fatherland as I travel this spiritual journey with Our Lord Jesus Christ. I hope, with the help of God, to follow in the example of the saints and strive for holiness.
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Free Blogger Templates