Monday, October 26, 2009
Random Musings...
Since I’ve spent so much time of my internship (which has not been as work-intensive as I would have liked) reading blogs, I’m starting to wish I could write my own now and not wait till I’m in Rome.

SO…instead of making a second blog, I think I’m going to start using this one a little early. After all, it does begin in the city of the Three Rivers. :) I’ll write about Rome when I get there.


Anyway, I’m going to see Godspell at Grove City next week! Michelle’s twin is the musical director, so we’re going up there. For me, it’ll be somewhat of a trip down memory lane. :)

I’m realizing how much I love having music in my life. I did marching band, CYO musicals, and choir in high school, but I haven’t done anything particularly musical since I did St. Paul Cathedral Choir with Heather and Maria in freshman year. I began to realize how much I missed it when I decided to learn the alto part in Matt Maher’s “Christ is Risen” because I was bored singing the melodies and I wanted something more challenging. That, and when I went to see my marching band’s Senior Night on Friday, I could barely sit still because of my excitement hearing the music. I’d love to go back to choir, but there are 2 problems with that. Well, 3 problems with that…or make that 4.

1. I’ve put a temporary moratorium on my activity quota, meaning I can’t join any more clubs right now. This is for my sanity’s sake, as well as for the sake of people around me. Since high school, I’ve had the habit of doing as many activities as the day allows, and up until, oh, a week ago, I’ve continued recklessly in this habit. But last week, I realized I may have finally reached my breaking point, as I finally realized how stressed I’ve been lately. While I’m convinced doing something I enjoy would help this stress, another time commitment decidedly would not. So, alas, I must wait!
2. I like the 11 AM Mass at the Oratory. A lot. It’s got pretty much all the “smells and bells” you can have in an English Mass. Joining choir again would force me to give this up so I could sing at noon Mass.
3. I’m going abroad in the spring. So to join choir now would be almost pointless since I’d be leaving in a few months.
4. Due to lack of practice, my voice is now terribly out of tune and my range is horribly diminished. Not like it was ever spectacular, but I could at least keep it in tune most of the time. Now, ughhh…I know I’m out of tune and my range is shot. I can only reach about a D or E at this point when I could reach to at least the A above the staff before. :( It will take a lot of practice to get it back up.

BUT…on another note, I talked to a girl named Holly yesterday. She went to Rome last spring, so she gave me the low-down on Bernardi. It sounds fantastic so far, and I’m looking forward to it!

AND on another, yet even more exciting note, I just found out that Caitlin and Adam got engaged!!!! Praise the Lord!!!!!! :-D
posted by Kristin @ 2:30 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At October 26, 2009 at 10:33 PM, Blogger Caitlin said…

    i am so happy to discover your blog, kristin!

    i really got into blogging at my internship this summer, haha.

    thanks for mentioning our engagement! i can't wait to visit you in rome!

     
  • At October 27, 2009 at 4:06 PM, Blogger Kristin said…

    YAY! :) I'm following your blog now! (For some reason, I couldn't before.)

    I'm so excited for you!!! And I'm looking forward to visiting you sometime in France! I can't believe this semester's over halfway done!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home
 
About Me


Name: Kristin
Home: Pittsburgh, PA, United States
About Me: Seeking my true Fatherland as I travel this spiritual journey with Our Lord Jesus Christ. I hope, with the help of God, to follow in the example of the saints and strive for holiness.
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Free Blogger Templates