Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Silly Cell Phone!
This week, my phone decided that it was going to act like a dog. Quite a tricky dog.

First, on Sunday, it decided that it didn’t want to be put on a leash. No matter how hard I tried to hook it up to the charger, even if the charger was completely in the phone, it wouldn’t charge. It refused to be tied down.

Ok, I thought, Have it your way. I decided instead to turn off the power instead to save the battery.

I didn't realize at that point that my phone taught itself a trick. But it did. Any time I would try to turn it off, it would turn itself back on again. It turns out that it was just playing dead, and it would jump back up whenever I wasn’t looking.

Last night, however, it got a little worn out (2 bars, but I thought it should be charged), so I tried to put it on the power cord. And finally, it turned off. I tried to turn it back on again, to no avail.

This time, it wasn’t playing dead.

So…now, since I haven’t even had the chance to buy a new phone, and I don’t see any opportunity in my schedule to do so until at least Saturday, I get at least 4 or 5 days of free detachment from material objects. And it’s probably going to be somewhat difficult, but I probably need it too. Last year, even when I forgot my phone in my apartment for a day, I felt really anxious that someone was going to call me within the 6 hours I went without it.

Until I get the new phone, I think a computer will be my main source of communication, so I’m going to be emailing a lot more than I usually do. I’ll also have to make plans in advance, and actually stick to them, at the time and the place originally specified. How old fashioned! :-P
posted by Kristin @ 9:20 AM  
1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home
 
About Me


Name: Kristin
Home: Pittsburgh, PA, United States
About Me: Seeking my true Fatherland as I travel this spiritual journey with Our Lord Jesus Christ. I hope, with the help of God, to follow in the example of the saints and strive for holiness.
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Free Blogger Templates