Monday, November 9, 2009
NaNoWriMo! :)
haven’t been blogging lately because Charisse convinced me to participate in the National Novel Writing Month, where you try to write a 50000 word novel in the course of one month. I need to write about 40000 more words by November 30, and so far, I’ve been behind the entire time. So I’m probably going to need to have quite a few marathon writing sessions. I really want to finish, because they say that you “win” if you finish, and the idea of winning NaNoWriMo is oddly enticing. :)

Charisse and I are writing buddies. Though, Charisse is being her own good writing buddy and is already halfway done with her book. I, however, desperately need my writing buddy to keep my motivation, so that's her job. :-P Either way, it's been fun getting involved in each other's plots. Because of me, her novel now features Blues Clues. Because of her, my novel now features...well...read on...:)

My original premise was a Jane Austen-esque story modeled loosely after Pride and Prejudice. But for whatever reason, I just got bored of that and no matter where I took the plot within this theme, I knew I would hate it. I considered making my main character wake up and realize it was all a dream. I hated that idea too.

So I decided that the only way to fix the novel would be to add new character. Now, thanks to suggestions from friends, two new random historical figures are entering the story. Oh, and there will be a guest appearance of a Traveling Shovel of Death (at nanowrimo.org's suggestion) and quite possibly some other guest appearances to get the 50000 words. That's the beauty of NaNoWriMo--it's all done for creativity's sake. What you write doesn't have to make sense. You just need to get done. Quantity counts over quality. :)

I can’t wait to see where this goes! (I don’t even know where it’s going yet!) :-P
posted by Kristin @ 11:39 AM  
2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home
 
About Me


Name: Kristin
Home: Pittsburgh, PA, United States
About Me: Seeking my true Fatherland as I travel this spiritual journey with Our Lord Jesus Christ. I hope, with the help of God, to follow in the example of the saints and strive for holiness.
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Free Blogger Templates